Monday, December 1, 2008

Mexico, Mexico, Mexico

So if you haven't guessed from the title, we spent all last week in MEXICO, baby! We had the BEST time. All the adults in my family went, so there were 11 of us. The only one missing was Lindsy's new husband, Anthony, and we sure missed him - Lindsy especially did, of course, and went into the ugly cry on occasion! :)

We were lucky enough to have my in-laws come and watch our kids for the entire week and head off to Cabo San Lucas. I have to take my hat off to them. They were just so wonderful. I was really worried about how Alexa would handle us being gone, but from what I hear she did great. They enjoyed spending time with Grandma and Grandpa and Scott & Jessie and Marilee's family. We're so blessed to have such great relatives! I knew my girls would be loved and cared for and can I just tell you what a HUGE relief that is?!? So a huge shout out to all of the Anderson's that helped out with our girls while we were gone. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

We stayed at Riu Santa Fe, an all inclusive resort, that I highly recommend if anyone ever goes to Cabo. It was amazing. The resort is beautiful and is literally right on the beach. We spend all of our time playing in the ocean. I think that out of everyone in the resort we had the most fun. I say that because most of the vacationers were pool-side sitters. If they weren't lounging out, they were in the pool at the bars. My family is just an active bunch so we did a ton of fun things and were constantly on the go. We played in the ocean for hours and hours. The waves were HUGE and we would ride them in and get demolished in them and go again and again. The ocean definitely makes you a respecter of water. Water is powerful! The waves seriously controlled us instead of the other way around. It could be scary at times - needless to say not many people were attempting them like we were. They ferried over to a calmer beach. We LOVED it though. Some of the fun activities we did were jet skiing (which is ten times funner than in a lake - you constantly have huge jumps), snorkeled, played volleyball in the pool, shopped, enjoyed the spa, rode Dune Buggies, went on the zip line adventure where you got to repel, rock climb, walk a tight rope, and go on 9 different zip lines. I think that was the funnest activity for me. I absolutely LOVED it!

Here are some pictures from our trip:

Pictures of the resort




On the beach

Rich & Tyson - Me, Lindsy, Kylee & Ashley

ck out this wave . . . my bro, Tyson's at the bottom and another swimmers at the peak

Tyson & Kylee

Ashley, my mom & Lindsy enjoying the waves

famous arch in Cabo



Mark & Ashley



Family Shots

Mollotte kids youngest to oldest . . .Tyson, Kylee, Lindsy, Mark, Me & Rich





Rich & Lorena

6 comments:

Heather said...

Jealous... that's ALL I have to say about that.

Annette Rose said...

OH... I am so wanting to be on that beach right now! How fun! It is so beautiful! That sounds like such a great trip. You and Dell seem like you'd be fun to vacate with. I think we will be planning a Mexico trip soon. It looks like a blast. And the zipline and repelling... I'd love that!

MamaBird said...

Awesome!! I've been waiting to hear all about it. It looks Fabulous!! I can't wait to hear more.

Brynne said...

Looks like such a fun vacation!!! I want to be there too. Right now.

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Great pictures. You look so cute.

Wendy said...

I am finally getting online to read some blogs instead of shop for Christmas - and I have thought many times how I needed to check up on your trip. Sounds like it was fabulous! It is strange to see you in shorts and swimsuits while we are freezing our buns off here. I'm glad you all got to go as a family. What fun!