Saturday, December 20, 2008

Days of December

Like everyone else, I'm sure, this has been a busier-than-ever month for us. We started the month off going to the Polar Express at Mt. Hood . . . ALL ABOARD . . . It was a lot different than I expected. I had envisioned in my head that we'd go up the mountain, circling around and around until we got to the "North Pole" where we'd get out and see Santa etc. etc. Well . . . even though the rail is at Mt. Hood the train ride consists of going in a straight line for about 20 minutes and then switches directions and goes the other way. You then pass by the "North Pole" (which is some white storage sheds that are all decorated - or something close to that) and you get to look out the window and see Santa and all of his elves. Then the train stops and Santa gets on and lets each child have a turn sitting on his lap after which they each receive a bell. All in all my girls LOVED it. Both girls have watched that movie a TON this season and they do a lot of fun things to follow the movie. I guess that's all that matters - that our kids thought it was the best ever. I thought the tickets were a little spendy for what it entailed but am still glad we did it. It's definitely something to do when kids are little and still have the magic of Christmas.




Check out all these little girls!! We met some of our good friends there, Bob & Sherilyn, and these are their three girls . . . Baby Nora, Kiara & Alyssa . . .our girls became the best of friends by the end of the night and everyone at the pizza place knew it!!




I've also been really busy with Young Women projects. We had a combined youth dinner one Wednesday and I was in charge of embossing 60 handouts and then attaching candy canes to each. Then the next week we were delivering presents to two families that our ward donated presents for and I wrapped them all by my lonesome (there were close to 50+ gifts). I was also the go-to person for the project, because it was my idea, so I got to gather, sort and oversee that whole project. It was a lot of time and energy, but so very worth it. I am glad it's over though. . .

So my bad news is that I'm all tuckered out from my many projects (I also did family calendars for both sides) so haven't sent out ANY Christmas cards. So anyone and everyone who knows me well know that usually I am really good at doing that early on in the month . . . it looks like I'm not gonna make it this year. So this is my shout out to everyone! Merry Christmas everyone . . . sorry I'm a slacker . . . I love you all and have enjoyed all of the nice updates and pictures we've received! I promise I'll repent and get mine out next year!!!



Dell was soooo embarrased that we drove the 3 miles from Walmart to our house with a tree on the top. We didn't have a truck available and I told him to think of it as an adventure. It really ended up being one since we tied the tree on first and then couldn't open our doors so had to climb in "Dukes of Hazzard" style. I got a kick out of it!



Ashlee putting the star up with help from her Daddy

5 comments:

"R" Team said...

The Dukes of Hazzard story totally had me laughing. I could just picture it. I understand the picture thing. We have talked about taking a family picture, but that was as far as it got. Merry Christmas.

MichelleB said...

I would have loved to see you both jumping in your car like that! Remember, neighbor up the road, has a truck, and can wrap one mean gift! Although my gift wrapping looks like a seven year old. I would love to help when you need it! I know what you mean about Christmas cards. If only there had been more time. I totally ran out! Merry Christmas!

Annette Rose said...

I'm with you on this crazy busy month. Its going by way too fast.
We did that Polar Express ride last year. I kinda had the same take on it you did. I was disappointed, but the kids loved it, and the pizza place was fun.
The tree story is hilarious! I would totally do something like that! Hope things slow down a little so you can enjoy Christmas time.
What is with all of this snow??? UGH!

The Kent Family said...

Why in the world would Dell be embarrassed about driving home with a tree on the car? Isn't that how everybody gets their trees home? Now the Dukes of Hazard thing may have been a little embarrassing!

Steph said...

Becky! So fun to see that you have a BLOG! Your family is adorable and you haven't changed a bit...in how many years? Hmmm...? You can visit my blog anytime!
www.eldon-step@blogspot.com