Tuesday, January 6, 2009

30 has arrived . . . .


So yesterday was my birthday, "January 5 I'm alive" and I turned the whopping 3 - 0 . . . that's right, 30 years old. I don't know how I feel about that - OLD, I guess! :) My cousin gave me this card that said "You're 30! You're Mature! You're Responsible! And to teenagers everywhere you're OLD!" Then on the back it said, "Red Rover, Red Rover, Your YOUNG years are OVER!" I thought that pretty much summed it up! I totally loved that card. It was laugh out loud funny.

So my day was pretty low key. School started again for Ashlee and so we got back on routine. Dell took me out to a nice dinner at PF Changs and we had a great time. It really didn't feel like my birthday because Dell threw me a surprise party a week earlier. My sister was in town so he wanted to do it before she left. That was really fun for me and I got really spoiled, which is nice when you're turning 30! Anyhoo so I've had a week's worth of celebration - or preparation rather. I appreciate all of the nice cards & phone calls. Nothing is better than hearing from friends and family on your birthday so thanks!

9 comments:

Russell*Linsey said...

Happy 30th Birthday! One year older and prettier too! Happy Birthday- to you!

~Russell & Linsey

Ashton & Co. said...

Happy 30th! Sounds like a fun day! Your girls look darling in the Polar express. How fun! Hope you had great holidays!

Melissa Ross said...

Hey Bec, Happy Birthday! I thought about you all day yesterday. No one will ever forget about you thank's to "January 5 I'am alive". Love and miss ya!

Miss

Me and my fam said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad to hear all is well in your neck of the woods. #4 is coming this week, so check the blog. We don't know what we're having. Take care.

Brynne said...

Happy Birthday Becky! Welcome to the greatest decade of your life! :)

::lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Becky! Welcome to the thirties!

Camille said...

I thought about you all day... and did nothing. So here it is a little late... Happy Birthday, Becky!!!

The Fullmer Family said...

If you don't remember me, that's cool, but former Icon employees will always have something in common. I saw your blog link on Brynne's blog & I knew it had to be you & wanted to say Hi!

Your daughters are beautiful! The last time I heard from you, you only had Ashlee & now she's almost 5! Time goes by so fast.

Congrats on turning 30. My twins turned 5 on the 5th also. Hopefully your day was a little less rambunctious as ours was.

Take care,
Klair Fullmer

Annette Rose said...

Happy BirthdaY! Way late... I know. We were so bummed to miss the big party. It would've been so fun to see you guys! Welcome to the big 30 club. 30 flirty and thriving! Right?