Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Picture Taking Nightmare

So Alexa turned two at the end of September and I hadn't gotten her 2-year pictures taken yet. I know that's a ridiculous thing to have stress you out . . . but none-the-less it's been nagging at me in the back of my mind. I'm usually "Johnny on the spot" when it comes to getting things like that done. Anyhoo with Lindsy's wedding and Halloween and everything else consuming my time I've let it slip.

I knew getting her pictures done would be a trial. Maybe that's the real reason I've put it off. I ususally like to go to JCPennys to get their pictures done - that's where I've always done them in the past - but I remembered that at Alexa's one-year photo op she had a hard time there because the room is dark and I think the lights scared her. So we're in Walmart (one of my thousand trips there - living so close to Walmart is a curse . . . they get all my money!) and I decided it might be a good place to do it because #1 we're frequent WalMart visitors and she knows the store and #2 the room isn't dark and scary looking. So I book an appointment for first thing today.

Of course our morning is chaotic and everything goes wrong so we show up late (another bonus for going to WalMart - it's ok to be late - at JCPennys they'd bump you off the list). So we go in and she immediately FREAKS out. Crying, closing her eyes, just totally uncooperative. We tried for over 30 minutes to get even ONE shot to no avail - even with me holding her she refused to let go of my neck. I was SOOOO MAD at her. I was gritting my teeth, trying to bribe her with candy afterwards, everything. She didn't care. Needless to say she won the battle and we left WalMart with no pictures taken. I'm still so mad! Dell thought it was funny when I called to vent. I think maybe next time he should take her and then we'll see who's laughing!!!!

So we get home and I took some of her here. I guess having a lame textured wall as a background is going to have to do because that's all I can do and when she's older and asks me why her 2-year old picture is a lame one I'll let her read this and see that it was all her fault! :) Oh the joys of motherhood!!

What's your vote?? Which one should I blow up to be an 8x10 for display??







10 comments:

MichelleB said...

Oh she is so cute. My sister and I ere just talking the other day about how we used to sweat through pictures. Now I just threaten them with their lives!!!!
I just love your girls and think they are adorable!

Camille said...

That last pictures with the pink looks better than a bunch of pictures that I've paid too much money for!

Brynne said...

Such cute pics Becky! I just did the same thing today and am about to post about it on my blog! :) My vote would be pic #1, #3, or #4 to blow up. That helps a lot, huh? The girl at Kiddie Kandids was I'm sure HATING me by the time I left there today because I am so indecisive about pictures and hum and ha over them WAY too long! So that is my baby-step opinion for you--ruling out one (which is also cute by the way!).

Annette Rose said...

Oh I am laughing so hard right now, sorry. Mostly because we did pictures of the 7 grandkids just hours ago... I end up sweaty, grumpy and wondering why I put myself through this. But you got some SUPER cute pictures of her. I love the first one, but I also love the 3rd and 4th ones... Good luck, at least its better to have too many good ones, instead of not even one. I don't know if I got one good one of each kid today...

Jeanette said...

All are super cute, just because she's such a cutie. But my vote would be for the last 2. Either one, too cute! Seriously, EVERY time I take them I feel like ripping my hair out. WHY?! Which would explain why I haven't taken them. I'm the same way, it keeps bugging me, and yet, still I don't go, but should, very soon...... I need to get a toothless grin from Brooklyn. Sorry she was such a little fart. Gotta love those fiesty girls, and I can tell you exactly where she got it from ....:) love ya! Miss ya! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I love reading them.

Jennie said...

hi! i am a friend of dell's. we served in the same mission together! i love your blog and your family is beautiful!

i like the first and third ones...

anyway... thanks for letting me visit!

Matheson Family said...

My vote is for #3. What a sweetheart she is! (Jeff votes for #3 also.)

MamaBird said...

#1 - she looks great - forget the professionals - you should just do them until she starts school! :)

"R" Team said...

#3. She just looks anjelic in that one. :)

Dianne said...

Becky,

As you can tell, I'm slow at checking your blog. My advice is, why bother with Penneys or WalMart? The pictures you took are adoreable!

Love,

Dianne