Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween & A Wedding

The end of the month was out-of-control busy for our family! We had Halloween and a wedding all wrapped up into one. My sister, Lindsy, got married on November 1st. So what that meant for us was coming a day early to help get everything prepared. It actually worked out well that way because our ward here was doing a truck-or-treat on Halloween, which isn't my favorite. I don't like them because usually it's really cold and dark which means you hurry through to get the candy and then go home. No visiting occurs, no checking out all of the cute costumes because everyone's bundled up in coats etc. etc. You get the picture. Anyhoo my parents' ward does a big party. They have a simple dinner and then a carnival and then have everyone make a huge circle in the gym where all the kids go around and get their candy that way. I much prefer Othello 1st Ward's methods! So our kids got to enjoy that. Ashlee was Ariel from the Little Mermaid and Alexa was a ladybug.



After the party we ran the girls home to my mom's and then came back to the church to start the wedding decor. We have a large family and extended family so there was plenty of hands to make the work light. It went by relatively fast and we decided to stay until it was completely done so the next day we wouldn't have to come back until it was time - and so that we could concentrate solely on the food aspect of things. I guess the food was a hit (so all of our hardwork paid off) because quite a few people asked my mom at the reception who catered the food. My mom was like, "ummmm . . . our family" . . . we got a kick out of that. Everything looked so nice and went perfectly. I can honestly say I'm glad it's over. I think my poor mom is completely worn out. She worked her little heart out (I'd expect nothing less!).

Anthony & Lindsy Prows

So our weekend was a whirl. I'm glad this week is seemingly slow so we can get caught up. . . I'm pretty sure my furniture would like to get dusted this week and my floors mopped since I skipped out on it last week. Gross, I know . . . hey cut me some slack . . . didn't you read about my weekend! :)

A bride for a day

Ashlee & Haley

Alexa enjoying herself at the reception

Alexa happy now that we're on the way home!

6 comments:

Brynne said...

Wow, you mean people actually dust their furniture? And on a weekly basis?! I prefer to be a semi-annual duster. You might think I'm joking--I'm not. I like to do things with longer lasting results :) (My housekeeping standards have definitely lowered with the addition of each child! Now THEY help do some of the work so I've really had to relax my standards!)

Your girls look BEAUTIFUL at the wedding! I love their dresses!

Russell*Linsey said...

Becky- This is Russell Cramer's wife Linsey- he told me about your cute blog! Just wanted to say hi! Congrats to your sister on getting married- what a pretty bride- and your girls are adorable!

Ashton & Co. said...

Your girls look so cute on Halloween and your sister is a beautiful bride!

Annette Rose said...

Looks like tons of fun! The girls are so cute. I love Ashley's dress... Its adorable.

Dianne said...

Thanks for sharing your Halloween festivities - costumes and darling girls--what could be better?

This time, maybe Lindsy's and Anthony's wedding picture is good competition. Lindsy looks beautiful and glowing. We're happy for all of you.

I'm trying to update my family group records and need city and county where Alexa was born. Could you please send me that information when you can?

I hope you get a little rested up before your next big event.

Love,

Dianne

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Your girls are darling.