I just got back from girls camp at Camp Zarahemla and had the best time! (Thanks to my mom & dad for watching my girls for a few days!!) I'm the 2nd counselor so work with the Beehives (12 & 13 year olds) and I just love them. I have the bulk of our young women in my class - 6 total. I drove up early Thursday morning and the girls were all excited to see me so that right there made it all worthwhile. We had a day filled with classes, certification, skits, food & free time. During our short period of free time I went canoing with Rachel - she's my Beehive President and it was so much fun. Four of my other girls came too. Some in a blow-up boat and some in a kayak. We raced around the lake and throughout it all I managed to stay completely dry. The water was FREEZING . . . so cold that swimming really wasn't a thing the girls did. There were a few that jumped in just to do it, but it was an in-and-out type of event. (luckily they got it all out of their systems before I got there - otherwise I'm sure they would have hoodooed me into doing it with them). The highlight of the night was, of course, the testimony meeting we had in our ward. It's so neat to feel of each of the girls' spirits and to watch them grow in their testimonies of the Savior. I loved that the most. We have such a neat group and I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it. Another exciting thing that was announced by our Stake President is that Elder Oaks is going to come to our Stake Conference in August. That is so exciting! I guess an apostle hasn't been in our stake since 1973 so for a long, long time. So that's something really wonderful to look forward to! I just hope our stake conference isn't the same weekend Scott is getting married - I'd hate to miss out on that opportunity.

11 years ago


5 comments:
Sounds like lots of fun. You have long hair! It is so cute! I haven't seen you in forever... Lets get together sometime soon!
I bet the young women love having you in there.
You might be older than the young women but you surely know how to set the pace for wholesome fun. We appreciate you desire to share with the girls the best you have. -- Lane & Dianne
You crack me up! You even managed to throw in some of your crazy "sayings" to your blog. Is "hoodooed" a word???
Girls camp...ahh..what memories we have. Glad you had a good time doing that again. And glad you started a blog so that I can try to keep up on you.
Becky! It's so fun to see what you and your cute family are doing. I miss being in Young Women! You lucky gal! I hope soon I can figure out how to make my own blog presentable!
Hey Becky- we just noticed you have now joined the world of blogging! Your girls are so cute! We would love to keep in touch. we are private, but you can email me at jmstpa@msn.com and I will invite you to view ours if you'd like. We are excited to keep in touch this way!
Post a Comment