We just got back from our 2 weeks of vacation. Man alive how time flies! We've been gearing up for these two trips for months now and in the blink of an eye they're both over. No fun! We had a great time at both.
Colorado with the Anderson's
We had so much fun. The car ride was indeed long and tiring . . . but we managed. Ashlee had the time of her life with so many cousins her age. We didn't hardly see her - she was too busy with all of her new "friends". Alexa did great as well. I couldn't believe how friendly she was to everyone. Usually she's on the shy side (crazy that I have shy children - I know). Anyways she let everyone talk to her and gave out a lot of hugs.
We had a ton of things to do there. We hiked up to a waterfall, swam, played mini-golf, ate & ate & ate, went to a mini-carnival, played cards (Kaylene & I especially indulged in a lot of games of California speed), went to the rec center where the kids roller skated (I took my turn at it too. Wow it's different when you're older!!) and climbed a rock wall. So we were never bored - that's for sure. On the way home we decided to drive through the night - much to Dell's dismay . . . at first! It was the BEST decision we made. We left at like 7 p.m. Dell drove until midnight and then I drove until 4 a.m. and then we switched a few more times before we got home at 11 a.m.! The girls slept from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. so that was fantastic. We had plenty of time to get home and get things done and ready to head out again on Monday. Driving at night is hard, but so worth it when you have little ones!
Sanpoil with my family . . .
I absolutely LOVE going to Sanpoil every year. This year I was not on the "early crew". I left Monday morning and got there about 11ish. The plus sides to not being on the early crew is that everyone else is pretty much set up so I got a lot of help with my stuff. The weather was great, the company even better and we just had a blast. We swam, floated, boated, ate & ate & ate, visited, played cards and marbles, played kickball and enjoyed a nightly fire. Dell fished off the bank, in the stream and at some "hot spot" about an hour away off the Columbia River. It turned out not to be so "hot" he said. The kids loved roaming around and especially loved playing with the kittens. My mom just got two kittens and brought them for Ashlee because she knew she'd go nuts over them - which she did. I think those poor cats were traumatized after all those little girls mauled them to death for an entire week.
We had one really windy day where three of our tent poles busted. We managed to make do until the end of the week though - luckily! All in all we had just the best time ever and look forward to next year. Ashlee already told me, "Mom, I wish we could stay camping forever." A girl after my own heart!
11 years ago


4 comments:
I love that picture of me and holly and ashlee and alexa! I miss them soo much! Hopeuflly they'll still give me just as many hugs in two years! :]
It looks like you had a ton of fun! Our extended reunions have kinda dwindled and I miss them a ton. Your girls are so cute! Glad to hear the driving at night thing went good. We always talk about it, but haven't tried it yet. I keep thinking our next trip...
Fun reunions! We come up to Othello in August for the annual Ashton one! Your girls are so cute- they look so happy and like they were having so much fun.
Hey Becky, yeah, we can be blogging buddies. I just started this, and love it. I love your blog. I can't wait to read up and know what's been going on with you. How fun! Your girls are cute as dolls. :) Keep in touch, and check my blog out.
jeanettetanner.blogspot.com
Post a Comment