Even though we weren't there terribly long, we got to do some really fun things. We ate lunch at Fongs in Rexburg, my all-time favorite place to go since I was a student at Ricks College. I convinced most of Dell's family to join us and they all agreed with it being the best! Dell and I also got to eat dinner at Chili's. That's our favorite restaurant and we weren't disappointed! It was sooo good! On the way home we stopped at the outlet mall in Boise and did a little shopping (thanks to Dell & Marilee for being good sports about it!!). All in all we just had the best time. It was fun to see all of the family again (Dell's siblings, all 10 of them, were there . . . . that makes for a big group in the sealing room!!). Dell's dad is a temple sealer so he got to perform the marriage for Scott & Jessie and just did a tremendous job. It was such a blessing to be a part of everything and was worth every hour in the car! The Rexburg Temple is exquisite. I don't know when I'll be back in Rexburg, so it was a great opportunity to get to go to the temple. I would never have imagined in a million years, when I was a student there, that Rexburg would be what it is today. It's just phenomenal.
So really quick I'll tell you seven things that have happened to us in our seven years of marriage (thanks to those bloggers that I'm stealing this idea from!!)
- We've lived in Logan, Utah (for 2 years); Othello, WA (for a summer), Kennewick, WA (for 2 years); and Pasco, WA (for 3 years).
- We have two beautiful daughters, Ashlee (5) and Alexa (almost 2)
- We both graduated from Utah State. Dell with a BS in Human Development and me with a BS in Business Technology. Dell went on to finish a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology from Heritage University.
- We bought our first house, which we've lived in for the past 3 years and did all of the yard on our own.
- We've swam with dolphins in Jamaica, snorkeled the beautiful ocean in Grand Caymen, will ride the zipline in Cabo come November, have camped annually at SanPoil (my family's hotspot off of Lake Roosevelt), have made trips to Utah or Idaho at LEAST once a year, have enjoyed the Wenatchee Mountains by Leavenworth and the dead forests (at least by Winter Park) of Colorado.
- We've had late church (like from 1-4 or 2-5) for the past 4 years due to moving, ward splits and just plain bad luck, I guess! :)
- We've both enjoyed good health, except for Dell's appendix removal early on in our marriage.
What more can I say . . . it's been a great ride and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us! My how time flies!!


4 comments:
Look at you two hotties!! Congrats on the big 7.
I'm jealous that you ate at Fong's - although I am sure I may have hyped it up only in my memory.
I'm glad you were able to come to the Burg! Cute posts- sounds like you all have had a great 7 years!
Thanks for posting the Rexburg temple, I don't think I've seen a pic of it yet. You look gorgeous by the way and your little girls are all Mollotte's to me. I hope everything's going well for you. Sheri
Didn't know your anniversary is on my birthday. What a great day!!!
Post a Comment