Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Every day things

So I know a lot of moms let their kids play computer games. I am not one of them. I use my computer to work so basically it's off-limits to my kids. I don't want them touching the screen and messing things up from clicking on things they have no ideas about. Anyhoo, the other day I was doing some billing and Ashlee was in the room with me drawing - just to be with me really. I had some envelopes to stuff so I asked her if she wanted to switch and she could play a game while I was stuffing my envelopes. Well she LOVED the games I put on for her and coaxed me for a week afterwards to play again. What have I done??? As you can see, sister is intrigued by just watching!

This is a glimpse of one of the many times a day Alexa changes clothes. She loves to wear skirts and pajamas. This picture captures one of each!

So my first reaction was to yell . . . WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG???? Then I realized it was my fault for leaving them unattended for a moment and kids will be kids. When I asked Ashlee why they needed so many bubbles, Ashlee told me, "cause we're making animals, Mom." They thouroughly enjoyed it and it took me quite awhile to get all those bubbles to go down the drain!

Ashlee showing me one of her scary "animals".

2 comments:

Annette Rose said...

Ya... that whole computer thing drives me nuts. I'm like you, I just don't want them on it. Jacob brought one home just for the boys to play games on... I still don't like it, but they LOVE it!
Super cute pict!

Ashton & Co. said...

My kids change clothes a million times a day, too! Why? It creates so much more laundry!!! Cute pics of the kids, though. I have discovered, too, that computer games really are a great way to keep them pre-occupied!:) Have you tried funbrain.com? It's all just easy games and puzzles. Pretty fun.