Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lucky me . . I got "tagged"

So I guess getting tagged means you get to list five things about yourself that no one knows. My BF, Wendy, tagged me and like her I too am an open book and don't know if I can come up with five things that are unique about me . . . I'll give it a try:

1- My husband said to put that I'm a psycho - I think everyone already knows that! No seriously though when I get something in my head I won't quit until I accomplish it, and right that minute. That can range from something like deciding to paint something and then going to the store at 10 p.m. to get started or something as small as realizing I need to mail something and walking out to the mailbox at midnight just so I won't have to fret about it overnight . . . psycho because our mailman doesn't come until noon so there's plenty of time in the morning. Hey, to each their own!! :)

2- I am fluent in two languages, or so I thought. Even as a child I loved (back to the psycho attribute) to fill out all of the demographic forms for school and I'd always put that I was fluent in two languages. Which languages you ask??? English, of course, and Goose Latin. You heard right - not Pig Latin, Goose Latin. My family speaks it - I don't know who started it or how to teach it. You just have to "pick it up". Dell is in the process of learning - I think Ashlee may beat him . . she's getting quite good. Having your own language can be so nice when in public or trying to get out of a situation or away from a person. A few of my closest friends could understand & speak it and boy could it be a life-saver!

3- When I was at Ricks College I was the VP of Business Professionals of America. Basically my professor called me at home and asked me to run. It was a required club in our major and I wasn't too eager, but did as she asked. It later led to me competing in a state and national competition where I was able to ride my first airplane (at age 20) and go to Philadelphia for a week. That was my first trip back East, I got my first set of fake nails, and was able to run up the famous "Rocky" stairs. I actually placed 2nd in Document Formatting at the National level so apparently have an eye for business forms, letters & reports!

4- I am a really picky eater. I stick to the basics and won't even attempt something that looks "ify" to me. Dell & I went on a cruise when we were first married and he tried everything they offered. If you've ever been on a cruise you'd know that they have a lot of delicacies and fancy-shmancy food. Most people are totally excited about this. I on the other hand suffered through dinner and ate daily at the 24 hr pizza bar. I do come by this bad attribute honestly. My Dad is the WORST and we stuck to potatoes, gravy, roast and corn every Sunday and Factory Pizza (the best pizza ever made that exists only in Othello) at least once a week. So those still remain as the basic food groups for me!

5- I have heightened senses, well at least two of them. I can hear really well - which can be good and bad. I can listen to two conversations simultaneously, which can be really convenient. It can also cause huge annoyances for me. For example hearing well means you hear all of the little things going on around you. One case in point, which literally hurts my ears, is people who clip their fingernails. I can hear that from a mile away. So all of you nail clippers - please avoid doing that in public . . .especially at church!!!
I also have the gift of smell. Let me tell you there are a lot more bad smells then good - at least in my experience! Whenever anything smells bad my family will ask me to take a wiff and most of the time I can identify what it is or pretty close to it. Even good fragrances can almost be assaulting to me because of the amount. Candles, perfume, etc. I like the initial smell but once it permeates the area it almost makes me sick because of it's strength.

So now you know a little more about me. I hope you all still want to me my friends!! :) I guess now the rule of thumb is to tag five more people. I don't know who consistently reads my blog so this may be difficult. I tag Kari, Melissa, Camille, Julie Robinson & Annette.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Good choices Bec. I can attest that you are telling the truth and I have remained your friend through all of the quirks - I have my own too. I enjoyed the nail clipping warning as well.

Annette Rose said...

Itheguy, love the gove that the gat... how the gow am the gam do the goo ing the ging? I havent' done that forever! You are quirky, but I share many of your quirks...

MamaBird said...

I pretty much knew all of those except for the VP of business ldrs... which pretty much tells me you have some geek in you! :) So considering that #3 is the only one I didn't know - I think i'll keep you as a friend. :)

"R" Team said...

Finally just read this. I will try and think of 5 of my own.

Jeanette said...

Ha ha, that's funny. Julie tagged me all because of you. I love it. Sounds like you're doing great. I can't believe your little cutie is 2!?! Wow. Time flies. And tell your hubby that you're not psycho!!I think the appropriate word for it is "driven" or "motivated". It's people like you that are dependable, and get things done. Can you tell that I've heard the same thing from my husband with some of the same attributes you have. I can't figure out why everyone isn't like "us". Just think how productive this world would be. Oh well, We live in a wierd world. :) Miss you!!!